||At Elliott | Adler LLC, we often remark that the
legal services we provide to our clients are as varied as the clients themselves.
No two of our clients have identical legal needs; we provide each with personal
service tailored to their specific business or profession requirements.
Perhaps the best way to illustrate our brand of service is to provide just a few examples of the work we have done for our clients within the past year.
In fact, the only thing our clients have in common is the need for practical,
effective and timely legal advice, tailored to the specific needs of their
business. Contact us to discover how we can provide our individualized service
- One client that develops computer-based business enhancement solutions
came to us for an equipment and software sales and security agreement,
a sales representation agreement, and a confidential disclosure agreement.
- For the developer of an educational enhancement software program,
we negotiated agreements with school systems, assisted in the grant
application process, provided advice on intellectual property issues,
and offered general business counseling.
- A government contractor needed our help to analyze software development
consulting contracts with private companies in order to ensure that
the contracts complied with federal regulations.
- A company that designs and sells security, fire protection and information
systems needed our help with government contracting issues; on the private
side, we helped the firm set up a separate entity as a licensed electrical
- The seller in an asset sale of a retail service business engaged our
help, which included a lease reassignment and secured promissory notes.
- We represented a publicly traded company as the buyer in multiple
selected asset purchases, including the acquisition of certain intellectual
- For an educational nonprofit, we prepared a nonexclusive licensing
agreement for the use of its intellectual property, including copyrighted
- A nonprofit engaged in medical education recently engaged us to initially
advise and then redraft its internal governance documents, including
bylaws, code of ethics and professional complaint administrative procedures.
Thereafter, the client engaged us as its regular outside counsel.
- Obtained trademark protection for the multiple marks in use by a professional association.
- Prepared software licensing agreements for a marketing company, including ASP and shrink wrap versions.
- Provided counsel and developed a code of conduct for an international buying group of retail stores.
- Prepared a publishing and license agreement for a new quarterly trade publication with a circulation in excess of 900,000 subscribers.
- Compiled and edited client publication on appraisal standards and appraiser conduct (second edition).
- Prepared marketing agreement for software product developer.